First Christian Church began worshiping together in the early part of the 20th century. Although there was no specific date that the church actually “launched” a few committed families continued to meet and serve together for over 20 years before they established a location in 1957 on Carolina Avenue in “downtown” Moncks Corner.
The church family of FCCMC continued to worship at this location, until continued growth led to them to pursue a new vision from the Lord to relocate south of town at our current home on Highway 52. The church truly stepped out on faith, as the people went above and beyond in their giving to complete the purchase of the land, the construction of the educational wing, and later the worship center, without having to go into debt to do so.
FCCMC has a long history of serving the community of Moncks Corner and following God’s vision, even when it seems audacious to human eyes. Although we highly value our rich tradition and examples of faith, we believe that our best days are still in front of us. We want to do whatever it takes to see the truth about God’s love revealed through Jesus Christ touch the hearts and lives of the people of Berkeley County … and beyond.
Now, just as before, First Christian Church of Moncks Corner exists to love God, love people, and lead them to Christ. We hope you will join us in accomplishing His mission.